Investment Banking Associate
D.A. Davidson & Co., a leading investment banking firm with operations nationwide, is accepting applicants for a full-time experienced Associate position within its Real Estate Investment Banking group. The candidate is expected to work on strategic assignments assisting clients with mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private placements and other advisory services. Specific qualifications and general responsibilities of the individual are included below:
Individual filling this position should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; MBA preferred.
- Prior investment banking experience required; experience in real estate investment banking preferred.
- Knowledge of investment banking businesses and functionalities, policies, procedures, and security industry rules and regulations.
- Transaction experience required, preferably in both public REIT securities underwriting and private real estate advisory/capital raising assignments.
- Strong computer proficiency (specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint); strong knowledge and experience in complex financial modeling, analysis and various valuation methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong work ethic and teamwork skills.
- Capability to excel in both team and self-directed settings.
- High motivation, with a strong desire to excel in a challenging field.
- Possession of Series 79 (Series 7 may be applicable) and 63 licenses preferred. New hires without will require successful completion upon hiring.
- Manage internal deal teams as it pertains to execution of work flow and work product.
- Perform day-to-day functions for advancing a transaction.
- Develop real estate business valuations and various financial models.
- Create transaction and client marketing materials.
- Support senior bankers in business development and the sourcing of transactions.
- Interact with clients on transactional and technical issues.
- Train and oversee analysts.
- Participate in Investment Banking on-campus recruiting programs.
- Some travel will be required.
If you meet the qualifications described above and are interested in this position please contact Morgen Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org.