Regional Supervisory Manager
Assist the Regional Manager in the day-to-day supervision of producing branch office managers’ business activities to ensure compliance with industry rules and regulations and company policies and procedures.
Individual filling this position should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business related field; or relevant securities industry experience.
- Applicable industry exams: Series, 7, Series 8 or 9/10 and Series 66 or 63/65. The Series 31 exam (Managed Futures Funds) may be required.
- Seasoned knowledge of securities industry rules and regulations and Davidson Companies compliance policies and procedures.
- Seasoned knowledge of the securities industry and its products.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with Regional Supervisory Managers, BOMs, compliance and legal personnel to resolve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy while handling multiple tasks.
- Proficient computer skills. Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to work in an automated environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player who projects a professional and personable manner at all times.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
- Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner. Use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
- Ability to proactively work with both external and internal clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Assist the Regional Manager in the day-to-day supervision of producing branch office manager’s (BOM) business actives to ensure compliance with industry rules and regulations and company policies and procedures. Supervision includes the BOM’s individual FA number, any FA numbers which include the BOM as part of a team or any relatives of the BOM.
- Analyze and review daily ProSurv alerts for producing BOMs and FAs of the branches in the region. Identify and resolve any problems in a timely manner.
- Review daily ProSurv trade blotters for trades of producing BOMs, related teams and relatives. Identify and resolve any problems in a timely manner.
- Review and approve emails in SMARSH pertaining to the BOMs in the region, the assistant to the BOM, the operations manager working with BOM, any team member who is part of a joint number with the BOM and any relatives of the BOM.
- Review and approve account forms and other documents pertaining to the producing BOM’s book of business.
- Conduct an annual visit to the branches in the Regions(s) covered to determine if compliance requirements are being met and company policies and procedures are being followed with regard to the BOM productions. Incorporate a review of managed Futures business in the visit if applicable to the branch.
- Assist BOM with the review of the trade blotter for the branch as requested.
- Identify compliance, supervisory and other issues that may need further attention. Work with the IIG Director of Branch Administration and Regional Manager to resolve any problems and/or issues in a timely manner.
- Appraise BOM in the region of issues detected through the use of supervisory tools such as ProSurv alerts and SMARSH. Follow through with BOM regarding recommended course of action such as activity or disclosure letters.
- Review and approve advertising, sales literature and seminars for the assigned region to ensure compliance with industry rules and regulations.
- Assist with training BOMs on their supervisory responsibilities.
- Assist BOMs and regional managers with recruiting, opening new branch offices and any other projects assigned.
- Serve as a resource for the BOMs, FAs and any other branch staff members who may have questions pertaining to compliance or policy issues.
- Perform any other duties and special projects as necessary.