2017 Investment Banking Analyst
D.A. Davidson & Co., a leading full-service investment banking firm with operations nationwide, is accepting applicants for full-time Analyst positions working with the firm’s Investment Banking Group. The Analyst is expected to play an import role working with senior bankers on strategic assignments assisting clients with mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private placements and other advisory services. The Analyst is expected to commit such time as is necessary to effectively fulfill their responsibilities, which will require a demanding schedule at times, depending on transaction and other activity.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Some investment banking or transaction experience in related fields such as accounting, consulting or corporate finance required.
- Working knowledge of business software (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- General level of financial knowledge (financial modeling, macroeconomics, current events, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good judgment in confidential situations and ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information.
- Strong work ethic and teamwork skills.
- High motivation, with a strong desire to excel in a challenging field.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, nights, and weekends.
- Upon hiring, the successful completion of the FINRA Limited Representative-Investment Banking Exam (Series 79) and the Uniformed Securities Agent State Law Exam (Series 63).
- Prepare research/analytical content for pitch books, memorandums, presentations and other projects.
- Develop financial modules to analyze a wide variety of client-specific projects.
- Support business development activities of senior investment bankers.
- Attend client meetings.
- Interact with clients on transactional and technical issues.