Computer Support Specialist
Respond to real-time events in the support and maintenance of information technology assets in a courteous manner to ensure timely resolution of hardware and software application problems. This position will be filled in Great Falls, MT or Omaha, NE.
- Working knowledge of the Service Desk system, phone system, supporting business applications, workflows, and processes.
- Proficient knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of specialty or equivalent IT Support experience.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
- Familiar with department policies, processes, and procedures.
- Consistently treat others with respect and maintain professional attitude and behavior.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts.
- Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 35 pounds.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Learn the expectations for the Service Desk position which includes:
- Knowing how to use the Service Desk system and phone system
- Supporting business applications, workflows, and processes
- Acknowledging incident incidents and setting the severity level
- Knowing incident resolution or escalation processes
- Meeting or exceeding service level agreements.
- Attain performance goals set by management for resolving incidents logged into the support queue; provide escalation support and satisfactory customer service.
- Troubleshoot and assist employees with using their computer and computer peripherals, applications, and security credentials.
- Evaluate workload and capacity of computers and computer system to determine feasibility of expanding or enhancing capabilities or performance. Recommend improvements to IT management.
- Assist in the support of business applications including but not limited to: patching, testing, software licensing tracking, installing, upgrading, receiving application training, attending internal and external meetings, providing end user training, monitoring application performance, working with vendor support and sales, and budgeting and creating documentation to end users and IT staff.
- Assist in the support of computer life-cycle and office technology including but not limited to: patching, imaging, deploying, transferring user profiles, evaluating, securing, receiving training on computer O/S and hardware, maintaining inventory, managing printer support agreements, working with vendor support and sales, providing documentation to end users and IT staff and helping resolve incidents with computer related to the O/S, core applications, or hardware that have been escalated from the Service Desk.
- Work with management to improve personal technical proficiency, support and customer service skills. Identify and complete technical training and certifications; develop other work or career goals where progress can be tracked and discussed.
- Learn and adhere to all Davidson policies and procedures; attend scheduled meetings or training sessions around existing or new policies and/or procedures; recommend changes to IT procedures to improve productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Attend internal and external meetings as requested to provide expertise, gather data, collaborate with other IT and business personnel and advise management.
- Assist with the completion of project tasks as directed; participate in project management meetings around areas of expertise; ensure work on tasks and special projects are completed within budgetary limits.
- Attend required training for Service Desk support and other training related to the support of IT assets.
- Understand and adhere to the IT Change Management process.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.