Senior Compliance Examiner
As a member of the examination team and under limited supervision uses specialized knowledge of the brokerage and investment advisory industries, obtained through education and/or experience, training and/or certification, to conduct onsite compliance examinations of Individual Investor Group offices. Position acts as compliance contact for the assigned branch offices and serves as team lead, supporting members with examination and branch office questions. Conducts periodic oversight reviews, makes independent determinations, takes appropriate remedial actions, and escalates issues, when appropriate. Assist with projects of moderate scope and complexity and provide guidance on the evaluation and options to consider in making complicated decisions. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to identify, communicate, research, and resolve problems. The location for this position is Great Falls, MT or Lincoln, NE.
Individual filling this position should have the following qualifications and skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related Field or relevant securities industry experience. Over 5 years compliance experience required.
- Basic knowledge of securities concepts, practices, laws and regulations. This includes FINRA, SEC, MSRB and state jurisdiction rules and regulations related to securities compliance.
- Basic knowledge of financial markets and investment products.
- FINRA General Securities Representative Exam (Series 7), General Securities Principal Exam (Series 24), Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam (Series 63) and the Uniform Investment Advisor Law Exam (Series 65), or the Uniform Combined State Law Examination (Series 66).
Strong written, oral and human relations skills; position deals with senior management, industry examiners, outside auditors, customers, law firms, financial institutions and FAs
- Strong leadership skill and ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making
- Ability to explain policies and regulations to others
- Ability and willingness to commit up to 50% travel time
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation
- Strong organizational, analytical, investigative and auditing skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a computerized environment; proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Project a professional and personable manner at all times
- Assists examiners with examination related and branch office questions
- Team leader; contributes to meeting team goals; participates in open and clear communications
- Acts as compliance contact for designated branch offices
- Schedules assigned examinations and manages examination-related travel expenses
- Performs data collection in compliance with examination program requirements
- Analyzes collected data to identify irregularities, trends and patterns
- Conducts onsite examinations to evaluate compliance with written policies and procedures
- Drafts and distributes examination related communications to internal customers, external customers, business unit supervisors and management
- Reviews exception and other internal reports in compliance with written policies and procedures
- Alerts appropriate parties of identified issues and escalates items, as appropriate
- Assist in the investigation, review and follow-up on customer complaints, arbitrations, regulatory investigations and inquiries as they related to assigned branch offices
- Contributes to meeting team goals; participates in open and clear communications
- Participates in addressing sensitive compliance issues with management in assigned functional area
- Recommends process improvements to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of branch-related and Firm-level processes
- Maintains required books and records relating to areas of assigned responsibilities