Expansion in Colorado Continues with Addition of Experienced Financial Advisors
D.A. Davidson & Co. announced today the opening of a new wealth management office in Colorado Springs, welcoming a team that has served the local community for more than 35 years.
The McCarty, Brown & Eden Financial Advisor Group, comprised of five experienced financial advisors and their support staff members, has been entrusted with approximately $380 million in client assets.
We are pleased to strengthen our presence in this important market with a team that is both highly respected and experienced but that also has deep ties to the Colorado Springs community.
-Michael Purpura, President of Wealth Management
“We look forward to welcoming the team to the D.A. Davidson family and supporting our continued growth strategy in Colorado and beyond,” said Purpura.
D.A. Davidson has had a major presence in Denver since 2004, when the firm opened an office that serves institutional clients with fixed income and equity capital markets services. The new Wealth Management office in Colorado Springs will serve individual investors, families and businesses with financial planning and advice. Members of the new group, all previously affiliated with Merrill Lynch, include:
- Brandon Brown, CIMA®, CRPC®, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor, Branch Manager. A longtime financial advisor, Brown was a Colorado Springs branch manager from 2006 to 2016. Before joining the investment industry, he was a U.S. Marine Corps ground combat officer.
- Ky (Sterling) McCarty, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor. With 30 years of experience, McCarty began his career in financial services with Merrill Lynch in Colorado Springs shortly after college graduation in 1983.
- John Eden, CFP®, Vice President, Financial Advisor. Eden has nearly 20 years of experience having worked with two financial services firms. Previously, he served as the owner/operator of his own business.
- Sandra D’Angelo, CRPC®, Associate Financial Advisor. D’Angelo joins D.A. Davidson with extensive previous experience in financial services having served as an investment professional since 1989.
- Mike Zolcinski, Associate Financial Advisor. Zolcinski has been in financial services since 2013 following a career working in financial services technology and application support.
- Jennifer Chavez, Registered Client Associate. Before joining the investment industry in 2015, Chavez worked for 12 years as a paralegal with a Colorado law firm.
- Shanna Pooler, Registered Client Associate. Pooler joined the financial services industry in 2014 after previously working for 11 years in banking in Colorado.
- Rachelle Jones, Client Associate. Jones is the newest member of the team having joined the industry in 2017.
The new branch, at 121 South Tejon Street, is part of D.A. Davidson Wealth Management, which offers an array of financial products and services to individuals, families, businesses and institutions. For over 80 years, the firm’s advisors have provided straightforward advice and personalized solutions to help build, protect and pass on wealth for generations to come.
About D.A. Davidson Companies
D.A. Davidson Companies is an employee-owned financial services firm offering a range of financial services and advice to individuals, corporations, institutions and municipalities nationwide. Founded in 1935 and headquartered in Montana, with corporate offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle, the company has more than 1,300 employees and offices in 26 states.
Subsidiaries include: D.A. Davidson & Co., the largest full-service investment firm headquartered in the Northwest, providing wealth management, investment banking, equity and fixed income capital markets services and advice; Davidson Investment Advisors, a professional asset management firm; D.A. Davidson Trust Company, a trust and wealth management company; and Davidson Fixed Income Management, a registered investment adviser providing fixed income portfolio and advisory services.
For more information, visit dadavidson.com
or Twitter: @DADavidsonCo