June 29, 2020
We are slowly beginning to open our D.A. Davidson offices to the public in many communities. As we begin welcoming our clients back to some locations, we ask that you follow our protocols in accordance with local, CDC and OSHA guidelines:
- We ask that clients schedule any in-person meetings in advance. You may call your financial advisor to set up an appointment.
- Clients must wear face coverings at all times when on-site. We will provide face masks for any clients who do not bring their own.
- We ask that clients who are ill or exhibiting symptoms of illness not come to our offices.
- Client meetings will be held in spaces where we can maintain 6 feet or more of physical separation between clients and our D.A. Davidson professionals.
- Please observe any requests to sign in or provide a health attestation. Requirements vary in accordance with local rules, and we ask that you help our firm adhere to the appropriate guidelines.
Please remember that we also welcome multiple other methods of staying in touch. You may reach your financial advisor by phone or request a virtual meeting using Zoom or another platform. Through our easy, secure online client access, you can also review your D.A. Davidson account at any time around the clock. If you are not enrolled in online access, your advisor can help you sign up.
While some things in our world may seem uncertain, you can be assured that we are here, working for you, and that we look forward to seeing you again when we can.
Our reopening plan
May 6, 2020
As our nation begins opening the doors of its businesses again, we are starting the gradual reopening of many of our office locations. Although we cannot allow clients and visitors on-site during this initial phase, we are monitoring the situation and will update our policies to provide access to our office in the future as appropriate. We continue to follow the guidance of federal, state and local governmental orders as well as recommendations from health departments and the CDC.
Our reopening plan includes the following measures:
- All office spaces continue to be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- We are practicing social distancing, including spreading out some associates by work times or locations.
- We are providing all associates with hand sanitizer and face masks.
- Several additional measures have been implemented to ensure the safety and health of everyone.
Please note that some office locations will remain closed until further notice as we follow specific state guidelines. However, our advisors and other financial professionals continue to be available remotely by phone or email. Please reach out if we can help you in any way.
We appreciate your patience as we take these preliminary steps toward fully reopening our offices.
At D.A. Davidson, we know that the advice and service we provide to our clients, particularly in times of uncertainty and market volatility, is critical. Over the last few weeks, the COVID-19 pandemic has created an unprecedented situation within our global economy and all of our lives.
As an 85-year-old company, we have perspective in times of volatility and have weathered many storms. Importantly, we have emerged stronger and more capable than ever to help you through the current environment.
D.A. Davidson is a private, employee-owned company, and we are accountable to our clients and ourselves. Each of our employees is focused on our commitment to put clients first, always. This commitment is reflected in our business philosophy of maintaining a conservative balance sheet, which over the decades has served us and our clients well. As a firm, our financial position is strong.
We believe our strength is proven in our ability to respond during this current global crisis. Over time, we have maintained a business continuity plan, which we are executing across our organization. While we have made the decision to close our offices out of an abundance of caution for employees and our clients, our entire organization is equipped to work remotely. We have strong and tested measures in place to ensure our financial advisors, portfolio managers, investment bankers, traders and other support staff have the resources they need to continue operations effectively.
In these challenging times, we must exercise caution and care, not panic. It is also a time when the advice of an experienced and trusted financial professional is more important than ever. Please know that we remain available by phone or email. In addition, D.A. Davidson is committed to bringing you updates and timely commentary from our market experts. This information and more can be found at dadavidson.com.
We are here for you as we navigate through these unprecedented times together. Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty.
Chairman and CEO
Learn how we’ve prepared
March 16, 2020
D.A. Davidson continues to monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak and is following guidance provided by the CDC, WHO, and state and local governments. Our focus remains the safety of our employees and clients. We have activated our business continuity plan and have a working group in place to ensure minimal interruption to our business operations and client service. In this regard, we have taken the following steps:
- The firm is implementing remote work and some split shift arrangements in our offices to reduce the number of employees in workspaces. We are preparing should a majority of employees need to work remotely.
- The firm has suspended all international business travel and has significantly limited non-essential domestic business travel until further notice.
- We have introduced a 14-day work from home policy for any employee who has returned from a high risk area or potentially has been exposed to the virus. We also have limited visits to all of our offices by non-employees for health and safety concerns.
We are confident that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the continued efficient operation of our business. We recognize this situation is dynamic and are prepared to make adjustments as the circumstances require. As always, our clients, our communities, and our employees are our number one priority.